Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Friday, May 18, 2012

回顾... 决定... 过程...

当初的决定
I wanted to go for natural birth while delivering Reyes. However, Dr Woody discouraged this as he said there are high risk involved. He went on further to elaborate the % of babies who are stillborn or born with defect. He also mentioned the complications of natural birth delivery that the Mummy will have i.e. tearing of wound etc. Dear heard it and decided that I should go for C-section instead.  

C-section it shall be and now the question boils down to whether it shall be a full GA or half GA. 

In 2009, Kaden was bestowed to us almost 5 weeks earlier than his expected due date.  My water bag was leaking to a point that when I was admitted, there was almost no more water within. In addition, I was not experiencing any contractions or dilution, hence as a result, Dr Woody had to perform an emergency C-section to deliver Kaden out from my womb. 

I still remember.... 
1st June 2009, Monday afternoon 

Dr Woody visited me in my ward. Dr Woody told us "Baby has to be delivered via C-section, so Mummy go on half GA. Daddy change and go in. Baby comes out. Daddy takes pictures. Both Mummy & Baby safe. Good"  

Dear and myself, totally unprepared and stunned, looked at one another. We swallowed our saliva and decided to opt for full GA back then. We were totally unprepared to **witness** the whole delivery process then... So Kaden was delivered via full GA, and as he was born slightly premature, he had to be nursed in NIUC for a day. 

For a 1st time Mummy, I only gotta see Kaden a day later... 的确有点遗憾 as I did not witness Kaden's 1st cry, nor am I able to hold Kaden in my arm the 1st moment he was born... 
So this time round, to bring Reyes into the world, Dear & I opted for half GA C-section surgery. I wanted to go for natural labour but Dr Woody discouraged it as there is higher risk involved.  However, I wanted to witness Reyes's 1st cry, and I wanted to be able to hold Reyes  in my arm the 1st moment he was born..

Little did I know... 

生产的过程

600am, I was wheeled into the operating theater... 

615am, the anesthetist gave me a shot of epidural in my spin... it was painful... I recalled that I had to curl up like a baby when the shot was given... I can feel a sharp distinct pain in my right  leg... The anesthetist had to massage my spine on and off and adjust the dosage of the shot before the pain in my right leg went away... I was so scared then... 

620am, Dr Woody came and he started to prep **my tummy** for the ops... No feeling felt in my lower part of the body as the epidural started to take effect...

625am, Dear came into the OT room, dressed in full gear... He held my hands and asked me not to worry... From scared, I became relieved... So glad that Dear was going through this whole process with me...  

639am, Reyes' 1st cry filled the whole room... and tears filled my whole eyes... 

Conclusion... no pain experienced during the C-sect... No **scary** noise that I saw from the forum abt cutting sound of the tummy... Guess I was too scared to  concentrate on the sound, even if there is any... However, the after effect of the epidural shot is scary... my hands were shaking non-stop for the whole morning... and I had the nausea feeling throughout the day... Luckily, I only vomited once...  

Despite all this, I still think it's worth it as I get to see my little Reyes... 

No comments: