Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Friday, May 18, 2012

8 May 2012... 9 May 2012... Before I Pop...

8 May 2012
Hospital bag packed... Cord blood banking package and the welcome gift from Reyes 弟弟 to Kaden 哥哥 ready to go...

About 11pm that night, we settled Kaden with the grandparents and the maid, and off Dear & I went, with our **lugguages** to **report** to Thomson Medical to **check in** for the birth of Reyes for the next morning.  

Feeling : Mixed... Excited with the expectant arrival of our new bundle of joy... Scared about the upcoming c-sect ops... And of course, lots of anticipation about the new journey of parenthood for 2 boys...

Little mishap @ the admission counter before Reyes' arrival... TMC admission counter can't find my name on the registered list of patients for C-sect on 9 May 2012... As usual, the staff told me, Dr Woody forgotten to help me book my slot in the operating theatre, as well as an one-bedded room for my hospital stay... Quoted by the staff "It's common... All  Woody's patients are like walk in customers... Ke ke ke"

Nonetheless, the hospital staff managed to squeeze in a slot for me at the OT for my early C-sect. However, as there are no more one-bedded room available for me, I had to decide whether to downgrade to a two-bedded room (which means Dear will not be able to stay with me throughout my hospital stay) or upgrade to a single premier room (which means Dear is able to accompany me during my hospital stay but of course, we gotta pay $100 plus more for the room)... In the end, we decided to go for a single premier room. 

For our 1st night stay which is FOC, we were given a single deluxe premier room1st as the single premium room will only be available the next day. We will move to the new room only after other patients check out... Can you imagine the cost of the hospital bill if we really took the single deluxe premier room... Actual price of the room, if we really opt for it costs over $1,000 plus per night... 

After settling down in the room, I began counting down... The night seems very long as I could not really get any sleep... 

9 May 2012, Early Morning
4am, the nurse came by to give me some medication to pass motion... And I was to change into the hospital gown...

5am, the nurse came by again to check on my blood pressure...

Finally, 6am came... in a while more, the nurse will come by to push me into the operating theatre....  I'm waiting... waiting... waiting...

No comments: