Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Home Learning : Learning to Spell

This is how my big bunny learnt his weekly spelling...

1st.. from an alphabet board... I did up an alphabet board for my big bunny after seeing one from a kindergarten in US online... The board contains 2 full sets of a to z, and 1 more set of vowels. I created the alphabets using microsoft offices, cut them out and laminated them. Afterwhich, I attached them to the board using velco, so that the letters can be "dismantled" to create words and "restoring" it back to original status after the learning activity is over.. Every week, to teach the big bunny spelling, I will make use of the board to teach him about phonics as well as word formation... As this is not the usual learning, memorizing and writing, big bunny's reaction to it is quite positive... Glad my effort to make the board paid off... His spelling had also improved alot since he first started to spell...


2nd... I also incorporated play into spelling... By making use of the alphabet mat I had, we did a jumping game to learn spelling... Basically, big bunny is supposed to jump to each letter and by doing that, he is spelling them... It was so fun that even little bunny joined us.. =)


Happy learning boys = happy mummy...

No comments: