Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 30, 2011

"Television” vs. “Charger"

One night, Kaden came running to me…

Kaden: “Mama, television… television… cannot… cannot...”

Mummy: “Yes, Kaden… what is going on? What is this thing about ‘television’ and ‘cannot’? ”

Kaden stuffed something into my hands and kept pointing to it, saying “Cannot… cannot…”

I looked closely and realized that it was a digital photo frame and Kaden’s interpretation of “Cannot” meant that there was no picture and sound coming from the frame…

Mummy: “Kaden, this is a digital photo frame, not a television. And, Mummy did not charge the digital photo frame; hence there is no battery in it to give you pictures and sounds. “

Kaden: “No battery… charge”

Mummy: “Kaden, Mummy had forgotten where I put the charger. And it is getting late… why don’t we charge it tomorrow?”

Kaden did not say anything and he disappeared into the room.
I was thinking, hmmm… this boy understood what I am saying. He must be putting back the photo frame into the drawer where he found it…

The next moment when Kaden reappear in the living room, I almost fell off my chair. In his small hands are the digital photo frame at one side, and my lap top charger on the other.

Kaden: “Mama… charge”, and he passed me my lap top charger…

Oh gosh, this little one knows something… I thought, might be a coincidence, since he always saw me using my lap top, with the charger. So I just plucked the charger into a hole at the back of the digital photo frame.

Mummy: “See, Kaden, the photo frame is charging. You need to wait till tomorrow, before it is fully charged.”

Kaden stared at me and shook his head, “No Mama… must charge”

Mummy: “It is charging, Kaden. See, the charger is connected to the photo frame.”

Kaden shook his head, picked up the power socket at the end of the charger and started pulling me to the other end of the living room. I was wondering, what is my boy up to and I got the shock of my life…

He brought me to the wall, where there is the power point is. He pointed to the power socket and then to the power point, and he turned to me… “Mama… charge!!!”

Okie, I gave up…
I plucked the socket into the power point and started to charge the digital photo frame.

Till now, I am still surprised at how my Kaden could piece together the power charger, power socket and power point part… For god sake, he just turns 2…

But then, I must say, Dear and I were impressed + happy for his ability to be logical and to connect… Keep it up, son...

No comments: