Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Interior Designer

We are currently sourcing for an interior designer (ID) that we like..

We started by shortlisted abt 6 of them, i think... Selection criteria is by their portfolio and location of offices.. 1st, dear and me muz like their style of designing and 2nd, as we'll be visiting them a lot if we confirm them, it'll only be convenient for if their office is not that far out.. Can you imagine we shortlist one from IMM and we have to travel out all the way from our hse in Hougang to Jurong.. Oh god, I din even wan to think abt it...

We went personally down to a few to discuss with them what we wanted.. The rest I actually emailed them my floor plan, criteria and our budget.. Then comes the waiting for quotation part.. So far, only 4 got back to me on the quotation...

Potential 1
This one is a neighborhood shop... The ID just emailed me abt the layout and quotation but he din call me... Discussed it with dear and came to a conclusion.. If he's sincere, he shld have given me a call or sent me a sms.. At least to tell me he sent me a quotation or to follow up... Decision : If he's sincere enough, he shld contact us and not making it seen like we are desperate and keep calling him...

Potential 2
This one is a famous one in the East... also the 1st one that we went to... The ID faxed me the layout and quotation couple of days ago.. i can say i'm rather disappointed with this one... Firstly, it was 3 weeks later that he got back to me.. It was a rather long wait and since it is long, i expected something good from the layout and the quotation.. in the end, the layout was only okie... and the quotation was overly simple.. he lumped everything together i.e. without itemizing each work.. and also after some comparison with the quotation i got from other ID, i realized he missed out a lot of things... On the layout, he put in all the cabinets and carpentry... However, the quotation dun comes with it.. what does it mean?? I have to buy them myself.. If i'm getting ready made things, I might as well dun engage an ID... with that amt of things missing, he is charging me quite a huge sum of money.. Conclusion, dun think it's worth while spending more time with them...

Potential 3
This one is also quite famous... It in the North.. Found them in the paper.. The ID is quite good, i muz say.. Know all his stuffs... All the things we wanna are provided for and included in the quotation.. Only thing is the price.. a little too pricey.. Also, we believe that this ID is an ex-contractor.. everything he always said dun worry, he will do it for us... We asked him little things and he will end with no prob.. I do things, you no worry... very traditional way of doing things..I'm sure the older generation wld like him but dun think it suit our style... the 2nd time we met him and finalizing the small details of the quotation, he asked if it is convenient for us to sign the quotation and confirm him... this turn me off a little... very pushy... dun like it at all... Think we might not choose him in the end... We shall see...

Potential 4
This is the one that I mentioned in my previous blog where we went down to her 2 offices and showrooms, as well as some of her projects.. This is also the only one that offers to take us to see her on-going projs.. gave us some comfort when we can actually see and visualize the things that we are going to expect.. The price that she quoted us is not expensive esp we are going for quite a huge renovation... but the best thing I like abt her is this... 1stly, she bothered to call contact me when she emailed me the quotation.. 2nd, she is not pushy... after yesterday meeting, she simply put it across to us that she has done all that she can.. all the quotation and advise.. now its our turn to settle down and think through the quote and decide on confirming the ID.. she ended off with saying, looking forward to meeting us again... Hmm... I liked her and her design style...

Guess it is quite obvious now who I like and who i dun.. dear dun really has much things to comment.. he always say he'll leave the decision to me cos as long I'm happy, he's happy... We've decided that we'll wait another 1 to 2 weeks before the other 2 come back with the quotations... If not, we will eliminate them from our list and choose Potential 4... after all, we are the consumer and they shld take responsibility in getting back to our inquiries asap..

So excited.... another big step in our life.. after selecting the wedding venus.. then the bridal shop and the wedding package... now it's the ID for our new hse... Yeah =P

No comments: