Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Friday, January 4, 2008

31 Dec 2007….. Counting down to 2008….

We spent our countdown this year outside at Esplanade, watching the beautiful fireworks… My colleagues all told me that I should go early and grabbed a good position on the bridge.. but given that me and dear are 2 lazy bums, we decided not to… instead, we left my mum place at about 10.45pm…

We did the park and ride thingy.. parked our car at Toa Payoh.. went round cheers to bought bottled drinks, then took the train down to Raffles Place.. Initially was thinking which MRT station to alight… city hall or raffles place.. in the end, we chose the latter.. Ours is definitely a better choice.. heard that city hall is packed like pple…

We din bother to squeeze with pple to go right towards the edge of bridge.. instead, we found ourselves a cosy and windy corner, just in front of Fullerton Hotel to catch the fireworks.. as there are not a lot of trees, view of the sky is quite good… we did catch some good firework displays… my colleague went too, early at 8pm… she and her mum wanna to be as close to the water as possible, hence the early wait… she did have some nice photos & video taken of the fireworks display…

When the displays ended, we left.. going back was a disaster.. apparently, the police did not cornered off all the roads.. instead, they limited the pedestrian walking path.. in the end, we had to squeeze with pple to make our way to the mrt station… of course, the squeeze was bad.. at one point, I got so upset that I even started scolding some “ah du”.. they were not in the queue and were simply pushing their way through.. dear got “pissed off and rough” when one attempted to push me.. hmm.. I’m felt so protected =P.. luckily dear is there, or else, I think I’ll become pancake…

There were a lot of foreigners at the count down party this morning… saw lots of ang moh, ah du and ah tiong…. Some can’t even dressed well…. The gals were in super short skirts and low cut tank top… some even came in super high heels… basically they are inviting troubles…either molesting or tripping themselves…. some guys came in shirt + tie… dear was laughing at them… kids loved wearing shirt & tie while adults loved wearing t-shirt or polo-tee… ha ha ha…

On our way back, there was a couple together with us in the big pool of pple, squeezing… the girl is pregnant… oh my god, we felt so worried for her… all the pushing… not a place for her to come for party… dear already said. if I’m pregnant, I’ll only get to stay at home and watched tv…of course, that is oso partly due to me being the clumsy type.. ke ke ke.. we oso saw familes with small kids.. like in lower primary or kindergarden.. think this is not a place for the kids too… they are too small size and will get easily pushed ard in crowd like this.. dangerous…think when we grow older, count down will be less taxing.. and more peaceful =P

Looking forward to the next fireworks display.. maybe during Chinese new year???



No comments: