Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Bangkok Update…1st Cut…

Our Flight………
Our plane took off from Singapore about 12.35pm. We took Jet Star because it was much cheaper. However, suddenly felt that the seat are so small, the sitting position very weird for sleeping and that there are no entertainment system, which means no CSI….. oh no, I’m beginning to get use to SQ flight.. started to “despise” budget airline already.. not a good sign…. =P

The Airport………
Arrived at Bangkok ard 2 plus.. that was a new airport just opened couple of years ago.. very clean and well maintained.. so much better than the airport at Paris.. but still incomparable to our Singapore Changi Airport.. Can’t remember how the old airport look like but we are very satisfied with this current one…

Airport Transfer………
Took a public cab to our Hotel.. almost got “conned” by the private taxi driver to took a limousine cab.. cost THB900 (approx S$39).. But luckily I did my homework.. chose a public cab instead and it only cost us THB400.. better save the $$ for more shopping…

Asia Hotel………
We stayed in Asia Hotel.. Building was a bit run down.. but services was good… room was well equipped.. so nothing to complain abt.. location was also fantastic.. right beside one of the skytrain station.. very accessible to wkend market as well as major shopping centre… we can even walked to Platinum Mall.. one of the wholesale shopping mall… And there are many massage shops ard the hotel, so we are free to take our pick… As I was airline staff, I was entitled to crew rate @ THB1,900 (approx S$82) per night, inclusive of breakfast… To top it up, we got 2 free sky train passes worth THB100 each… food and services were all discounted…

Only thing I had to comment is their staff’s work efficiency… Booked my room via the internet… 1st time they confirmed my booking, the room type was wrong.. gave me a superior room for 3 when I asked for a deluxe room for 2.. 2nd time they confirmed my booking, I thought all was well until I checked in…

Almost got a heart attack when we were checking in.... the recep told us they could not locate my name in their booking system.. after some check, they found out that my booking was under the wrong month.. shld be in December but they booked it under November… almost fainted on spot.. luckily the hotel had lots of rooms, abt 650.. so still have room for us… I was quite upset initially.. I even showed the staff my email booking and my credit card payment instruction form.. All indicated that stay duration was in December… Guess I’m also in the wrong as I din check the confirmation slip properly.. Muz look out for this kind of details when traveling next time…

That’s all for an initial update…look out for more updates on daily activities =P

No comments: