Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Monday, December 17, 2007

2nd Night In Bangkok…

Decided to explore Siam Center and Siam Discovery to look for dinner outlet… Siam Centre and Discovery proved to be a good shopping outlet… enjoyed our walk there.. settled for a Japanese Restaurant there.. Zen Japanese Restaurant… Tried out this dish that the waitress recommended… Shabu Shabu… very nice.. it’s like mini steamboat… yummy yummy..

Lots of pple asked why we tried Japanese food in Thailand… this was recommended by my colleague.. she mentioned that Thailand has one of the world largest no of Japanese expatriates.. so the standard of the Jap food there is very, very high.. after such high profiling given, how could we not try the food…

After shopping @ Siam areas, we went back to MBB for another round of shopping.. main intention is actually to go for dear’s fitting of the suit.. we also grabbed the chance to went to a local product shop to buy some local products for our families and friends… the food were well received by all after we came back…

Came upon this shop in MBK.. called themselves Paper Plus… they sell all sort of greeting cards…. If there is anyone of you living area near Bishan, there is a small booth at the top level selling paper cards.. the things they sold is very, very similar.. But price wise is a huge difference.. The one sold in Singapore is abt 10 pcs of cards @ S$2 while those that I bought in MBK only costs 25 pcs @ THB19.. which is only approx S$0.90…
Look at the differences.. Now whenever I’m gg Bangkok, I’ll surely visit that shop… my colleagues too =P

The night ended with, as usual, a massage session.. decided to explore the left streets of our hotel area.. Random went into a small massage parlor.. the massages were expensive… we did the 1 hour Thai foot massage which cost abt THB200 (approx S$9…) super cheap, right… I threw in a manicure session while having the massage.. Manicure cost abt THB150 (Approx S$6…) super cheap.. but the price is really link with quality of service…

As space is a constraint, the shop attendant made me stretch out my hands to the side way to do the manicure.. my hands became super aching.. half way through the trimming of my nails, she cut into my flesh… OUCH OUCH OUCH.. that hurt… she din even say sorry…after the trimming, she even asked me if I liked to leave my nails like that or would prefer a coating of color… thought it was funny of her to ask that question… of course, manicure comes with color coating wat…Little did I know why she asked…the color that the Thais prefer simply cannot make it.. too bright and too flashy.. if I had known the kind of color they used, I would have choose the 1st option given to me… I let the color stayed on my nails for 2 more days…on the day I reached S’pore, I removed it before stepping out of the house..

Went back to our hotel room after that.. called room service for some food… then sweet dreams to all… getting ready for our final full day in Bangkok… =P

No comments: